You will need:
- 1.5 cups of macadamia nuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 20 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 to 4 tbsp water
To make the base
- Process the nuts, syrup, vanilla and flour.
- You should have a sticky texture
- Pack this into your tray
- Process dates, almond butter and water
- Pack down on top of base
- If you don’t have medjool dates, just use regular, but soak them in some boiling water before use
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, to prevent burning
- Top with melted chocolate. I go for a very dark 85% but you choose what you enjoy the most.
- Alternatively, chop into bars and roll the full bar into the chocolate
- Freeze for a couple of hours
- Slice into squares or bar shapes
- Store in a container in the freezer and have one in the evening with your favourite tea. Mine is anything from the pukka range. Perfect sweet treat while lounging on the couch
WARNING: In my opinion these are heaven, therefore be cautious. Although they are full of nutrients they should not be devoured in the one day (although half of mine may have been)! If you are on a weight loss journey perhaps stay clear. However if you are like me and you are looking after your health, then go forth and enjoy the nutritional value along with the taste!!
The Wholesome Nut x