You will need:
- ½ cup of your favourite milk (dairy or plant)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour (this makes them gluten free, I bought mine in Holland & Barret)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mash up the ripe banana with a fork until smooth. Then whisk in milk, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Next, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix the dry and wet ingredients with a whisk or spatula until you’ve reached a smooth consistency.
- Heat up a pan on low-medium heat with a tsp of coconut oil or butter, measure out about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake onto the pan.
- Cook each side for roughly 2 min until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes to keep them extra fluffy.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. I love some almond butter, berries, seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
So why not get your pancake cook on this weekend. A delicious Saturday morning breakfast or a lazy Sunday morning brunch.
Hope you enjoy
The Wholesome Nut x
(Don’t forget I am on Instagram here. Also on Snapchat, username: burkerachel, where I usually snap some of my Sunday prep along with other random bits!)